Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Big Fat Positive


Statistics, ratio's, medical journals, and percentages all state that I should not be staring at my positive pregnancy test right now.

What kind of chance does a women with hypothyroidism, poly-cystic overies, obesity, anti-phosphil lipid anti-bodies, previous miscarriages, amenorrhea, anovulation cycles, and an past ectopic pregnancy have in getting pregnant? I should have a better chance at winning the lottery than getting pregnant AND caring a pregnancy to term.

Statistics must not have met my God.

My God has promised me a healthy pregnancy... Whether or not His promise is this current pregnancy... I will have to wait and see.

"Shouldn't you wait and see how this progresses before you tell everyone? What if you loose this baby too?"

Getting pregnant is a huge blessing for Daniel and I... a miracle... This baby is wanted... loved and I praise God for this big fat positive.

God has not given us a spirit of fear... but Daniel and I wouldn't be human if we were not terrified. So we wait and put our trust in God.

Today I had my first OB appointment. Dr. Perry is such a God send... I truly believe God uses doctors to perform modern day miracles... Perry put me on Progesterone... again... I apologizes in advance for the spontaneous demonstrations of emotions that accompany the Progesterone medication. I serisouly become a crazy person when I am on them.

I had vial after vial of blood drawn... super fun...

Next week I go in for a sonogram... and Perry will determine whether or not I will need injectable blood thinners... more specifically, Lovenox. I do not want to have to stab my belly every day... but I will ya know.

36 weeks to go!


"my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever" Psalm 30:12

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Sarah for sharing your thoughts. I recently went through a miscarriage and have been struggling with trusting God's perfect timing for another child. And also have been wondering if He will allow us to have more. Your post reminded me to keep trusting God. He is always good and He has a perfect plan for us!
    Thank you,
    Abigail (Nall) Gunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly put! I love it - God is for you - no one else can be against you!! I love you dear, and I hope you have a GREAT UNEVENTFUL pregnancy (as much as possible!)
    (This is the GO of PSTTCAB) hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby, my heart goes out to you. No one should have to experience a pregnancy loss... God's plan is perfect and he will use this horrible experience to reach other women who are breaking. I am praying for you! God has something amazing in store for you

    Melissa... I love you too!

    ReplyDelete