The science behind the red cabbage baby gender prediction test all has to do with urine pH. Urine contains pH... (how acidic or basic it is) and the red cabbage water changes based on whether you're pregnant with a girl or boy. Most gender tests test the pH in your urine... however very expensive. The pigments in the red cabbage alter based on the pH and change color based on how acidic or basic your urine is.
1) Go to the store and buy a red cabbage
2) after you get home, cut up the red cabbage
3) add boiling water to the cabbage and let sit for 10 mins (or more)
*On other websites step three said to boil the cabbage for 10 mins. So I tried BOTH methods.
4) remove cabbage from water SAVE THE WATER
5) add urine to the cabbage water. Using equal parts urine and water.
6) if it goes a red or pink color you are having a boy, if it goes a purple color you are having a girl
Non boiled Cabbage water and boiled Cabbage Water
Boiled cabbage water results... Dark purple
Non boiled cabbage water results... fuchsia, but still not as pink as other boy results I have found online.
So according the the red cabbage gender test, baby should be a girl... we shall wait and see!
EDIT: Baby is a girl! Red Cabbage Gender test was correct!