Wednesday, February 23, 2011

6 Months Pregnant

It is so fun to know that Anamarie can hear the daily on-goings of her family life. She responds to Elijahs loud outburst, always stops moving and listens to when her Daddy talks to her and absolutely LOVES Katy Perry's song 'Firework'... but she responds the most to Aerosmith! A true Whipple-Colbert combo child!

Her taste buds are forming and her brain continues to develop. Her lungs are forming branches of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that will help fill her air sacs and make it inflate!

Ana is about the size of an eggplant... well... a scrawny eggplant. She is still "filling out" and will pack on those pounds soon enough.

She is, however, big enough to squish my bladder... as well as move her little body to one side of my belly and make it look like I have a lopsided stomach. She is big enough to make my sciatica twinge and ache. I am loving every uncomfortable aspect of growing her! She is being so kind to me weight-gain-wise... the dainty little lady she is. The last six months I have gained almost 5 1/2 pounds. A contrast to when I was pregnant with Elijah... I will not disclose how much weight I gained with him, too embarrassing!

I have been bumped up to weekly Doctor appointments, for now at least. Daily migraines, larger clot behind knee and my blood still not responding to the Lovenox is the reason why. Doctor Williams increased my Lovenox injections to 90mg once daily from 70mg once daily. The most the syringe can hold is 80mg... so I have to do two separate injections every day. At the beginning of these injections I was smug and thought, "I have so much belly here... I won't have a problem finding a injection site!"... well... as my stomach got harder, the injections started to hurt more. At this point I am left with a small area of squishy belly left... a small and heavily bruised area. Doing injections when she is awake and moving is just creepy.

Daniel and I are loving the fact that baby is a girl!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are 6 months already...it seems to have flown by. Still praying that there are no complications from the blood clots and that you have a beautiful full term delivery.

    ReplyDelete