Saturday, October 13, 2012

Autumn Turkey Loaf

In Celebration of cooler weather, I set out to make a "fall like" dinner.

I am not a big fan of meatloaf... I could say I hate it, and it would be the truth. I have tried to make it several times, and it just never turns out. Today I was feeling creative... but we only had some turkey burger and some salmon in the freezer.

I grabbed the turkey burger and stuck it in the microwave to defrost. I was going to make something yummy.

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees

I chopped up a carrot and a stick of celery and put it in a bowl.



Next I added half the box of stove top stuffing. There is about 3 cups total in 1 box... so you will be adding
1 1/2 cups. Be sure to shake it up good first. The seasonings settle to the bottom. 

Add your 1 pound of ground meat.
Add half a can of cranberry sauce. I used jelled, but whole berry would be just as good. SAVE THE REMAINING HALF OF THE CAN! 

 Add 1 egg (beaten)
 Roll your sleeves up... stick your fingers in the gooey mess... and pretend it is a chore and you really aren't enjoying it. Once everything is all mixed up good. Stick the mess in an un-greased loaf pan.

 Bake for an hour. I made some mashed butternut squash "tatters" to go with my creation (baked a butternut squash for an hour at 350, pealed it, mashed it, whipped it. Added some milk, butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Baked for 20 minutes at 350. I didn't measure anything... I just added what seemed enough) . I made up the remaining stove top also.
Ana was looking extra darling... I had to snap a pic! 

 Once the hour is up, and you have removed the loaf from the oven. Add the remaining cranberry sauce.


I usually call a creation like this "slop"... we often have slop for dinner in our home... but this was super tasty... and easy... I will make it again. So this creation has a permanent  name of "Autumn Turkey Loaf"

                                                                            ENJOY!



1 comment:

  1. lol...guess the slop I made for breakfast inspired you to get creative for dinner. This sounds really good :D

    ReplyDelete