Thursday, June 21, 2012

Toddler Tiara


I searched high and low for a tiara that Ana could wear for her Princess Party. I found many that were over priced or that were just too "stiff" for a one year old. 
While visiting Michaels for a new frame, I came across some foam visors... some were sparkly... and I thought... "if only I could find a tiara made out of this material..."  I held it in my hands for a moment... held it sideways, backwards then upside down.
 Then I had a BRILLIANT idea! 
MAKE ONE FROM THIS VISOR!

 I bought a couple (they were only 67cents or so) so I could mess up a few times. 
I started by laying the visor flat against some plain white paper. I traced the visor arch.


I folded the paper in half, so that the peaks of the tiara would match on both sides. Then I cut it out.

Next I traced the peaks onto the visor itself. Then I used my "exacto" knife and cut out the peaks.



Oh... while in Michales I found some pearly stickers... I thought they would add some bling bling to the tiara. I just stuck one on each peak... hot glue wasn't necessarily needed, but I knew my daughter would try to eat the pearls off. The hot glue was extra precaution against a nibbling baby.
It took me maybe 5 minutes to do the whole thing. EASY! REALLY EASY! I am no crafty girl either!





You can read some of my other "crafty posts" HERE

1 comment:

  1. this is perfect and so cute!! I'm looking for something for my 8 month old for a princess party on saturday and I didn't want to spend a bunch a money or have it be something not suitable for a baby. Thank you so much for posting this! What a sweet girl you have :)

    ReplyDelete