Wednesday, November 17, 2010

10 Weeks Today!

10 weeks! Such a milestone for us... a quarter of the way to full term! At 10 weeks baby is just about the size of a Kumquat and has bendable limbs that are moving and kicking. Tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin. All organs are developed so now baby just has to grow!

Yesterday we went in for baby appointment number four. The nurse couldn't get a heartbeat on the Doppler... naturally we started to worry. They left us waiting in the room alone... waiting for the ultrasound room to become available. That was the longest 30 minutes of my life. Once the ultrasound scanner found my kumquat baby we saw a perfect heartbeat... a perfect baby love for 10 weeks! I keep saying this... but being a high risk pregnancy has its perks! Most women do not see their OB till after 10 weeks... and do not get an ultrasound till after 20 weeks! I feel blessed. I have had four appointments and 3 ultrasounds... love the reassurance!

Dr. Williams made fun of my Lovenox bruised belly but commended me on my discipline of daily injections... I am proud of my battle wounds.

I can't stop looking at the ultrasound. I am so in love with this tiny blob!

1 comment:

  1. Very happy to hear that this sweet little one is growing and healthy.

    ReplyDelete